Monday, May 21, 2012

Goals!

So, I've set a new group of goals for myself.
First of all, my biggest goal for now is to graduate in December. So far, I'm on track. After this Spring term is over, I'll be basically done with all of my major and minor requirements. All I'll need is to complete my internships and earn more credits. I've registered for enough credits in the Fall, so as far as I can tell, I'll be totally finished in December. Which brings me to my next goal.
After graduation, I would like to become accredited. An Accredited Genealogist is basically someone who is a family history expert in a certain area of the world, and is considered a professional family historian. I want to become accredited in English family history research. To become accredited, I will need to meet the following requirements:

  • Application
    • About 1,000 hours of documented research in the area of accreditation
    • A pedigree chart with at least four generations, with every event documented (linked to a reliable source)
    • Written reports, with proper citations
    • Compiled reference materials to help further research in the area
  • A written test that is comprised of six sections
  • An oral examination
    • Defense of the pedigree submitted with the application
I already have about 100 hours of British research, meaning that I am almost 1/10 of the way there! I can do this. :)

If you want to know more about accreditation, you can visit icapgen.org. 

No comments:

Post a Comment