Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Progress

This week has been busy, but I feel like I'm making a lot of progress! It's pretty random progress though, so here's a list:

  • First of all, we are combating pregnancy rumors. Haha. We aren't pregnant! Some of our friends pulled a little prank on facebook, saying that we were pregnant. And I've been pinning some cute baby ideas for Erin's baby Dominic, but people assumed it was for my own little bun in the oven (which is pretty understandable). So, we aren't pregnant. :)
  • Second, I've started to make a list of sources I will need to complete my goal of becoming an Accredited Genealogist. I'm going to be expanding my library of genealogy books for English research by buying a comprehensive atlas, area-specific research guides, standards manuals,and other similar books. I'm also going to be compiling my own research binder with helpful websites I can go to and information and historical records about major records (church records, civil registration, poor law records, etc). I'm really excited about taking this step towards accreditation.
  • Third, I've made some major progress on my homework lately. In the next two weeks, I'll be working on a 30-hour family history research project and my 20-page capstone paper. I'm spending two or three days at the Family History Library in Salt Lake to get ahead on my 30-hour project, and I've got at least 25 books to find good sources and information for my capstone. I'm right on track!
  • Lastly, I've been eating healthier to lower my blood pressure, but I still like to indulge in some of my favorite foods every now and then. Today, we got to eat some cheesesteak sandwiches from Moochie's! Moochie's is our favorite restaurant in Salt Lake, and it is sooo delicious. Here's a picture of our yummy meal (not our actual meal, but someone else's sandwich from Moochie's): 

No comments:

Post a Comment